we're available for collaborations with
we especially encourage you to contact us if you wish your project to adhere to the following principles -
IR4, zero-waste, minimal material, natural materials, low-impact, locally-made, compostable, ethically sourced, pre-industrial, low-tech
Habeas Corpus is a research & design studio
focused on materiality and the body
through dress, architecture, dance, & history.
it is organized as an absolute monarchy, currently ruled by Faune Stevens.
our goal is to bring to life a gentler, low-tech material world
through education, experimentation & collaboration.
- all photographs on this website have been taken by Studio Habeas Corpus, unless otherwise noted
- website design customized with the help of 67a2 media, Boston
- organic cotton thread from Fiberactive Organics
- hemp fabrics from Hemp Traders
- reed from Basket Weaving
- silk lacing from Au Ver A Soie
- felt from Sutherland Felt
- natural rubber from Liquid Latex Online
- tools from Traditional Woodworker